Re: timers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: timers
From: Carl Couric <carlc@iname.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 11:17:43 -0400
At 09:42 PM 5/14/99 EDT, JVHT@aol.com wrote:
>Al,
>
>Yes, they are available if you have the $$$!
>
>John Taylor

John,

        Why not put the motor home in between the start and finish like you
always do??? <grin>. Run the least amount of cable then.

        A sending unit for your current setup is gonna cost a little
more than a few hundred dollars. You have to keep the signal strong since
we are doing timing. And the signal can never be broken since you are
sending back the trigger (the break pulse of a car breaking the
beam of light).

        I remember that JAC was working on a new set of "lights" that
send a "timed" signal. What I mean is, you tell the start and finish
lights what time it is. They send a signal (digital with the time
encoded) of when a break (car passing the light) occurs. You can then
send this via a standard FM transmitter to the PC (making the PC the timer).
You just take the time from the finish minus the start and you have
a time.

        Also, Rene asked why I had not been out to Fort Myers. I told
him I would when I get the 67 Mustang running again. Hopefully, it will
be this month.

        Best of Luck,
        Carl
--- Carlc@iname.com --- WWW Home Page of ---
         - Equipe Rapide Sports Car Club (ER) in West Palm Beach/Ft.
Lauderdale
         - South Florida Sports Car Assoc. (SFSCA) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
                            http://carlc.bocanet.com/
          Why do I live in Florida? So I can race all year long!

                                South Park Racing
                Oh my God, You killed a cone.... You Bastard!