Re: Asking for ideas...PAX

To: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: Asking for ideas...PAX
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 14:25:50 -0700
Pat Kelly wrote:

> I'm not sure what events the Pax index is based upon, but I understand
> it's the national championships, which in many cases may be a good deal
> faster than events located on smaller sites. Dontcha think this could
> skew the indexed results?
> --Pat Kelly

To the best of my knowledge, when the idea of "where" PAX numbers came from
was raised before, the answer (from the horse's mouth) was always
"National/Divisional/Toul caliber courses and National quality drivers" or
similar wording. Specifically those who do the PAX numbers have stated clearly
that it is NOT just from the Nationals.

My understanding is that they draw their data from a variety of "best
scenario" sources so that the numbers are not skewed - this is DIFFERENT than
being screwed.....  ;-)

That's all I know for now. Must go download more, and memory is slow today.
How can I reboot myself?

Scott Meyers