Re: building a website

To: <AUTOX@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: building a website
From: "Porsche" <993racer@certifiednets.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:43:59 -0600
Try www.webpagesthatsuck.com - no joke. That's really a site. Mostly what NOT
to do with a "little" attitude thrown in.

I use Thumbs Plus to make the thumb nail pictures. http://www.thumbsplus.com/ -
It makes the process of creating thumb nails of your pictures trivial.

Steal the code off a simple site you like (Abby Hoffman meets web design). View
the source off some simple pages and you'll probably get a pretty good idea how
HTML works. Or drop $20 on HTML for Dummies (insulting titles - good books). No
claims to great artistic talents but the code at my site is pretty straight
forward http://pca.certifiednets.com/

Check any tags you don't understand at www.w3.org.

Their 10 minute guide shows most of the basics http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/

Netscape has some pretty useful stuff at

http://home.netscape.com/computing/webbuilding/index.html?cp=tecTWSWbb

and

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/htmlguid/index.htm

That ought to keep you busy for awhile<g>,

Walter Boyd
'96 C4S

>>> "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com> 05/10/99 07:11AM >>>
Howdy everybody!!!!

Dayum!!!!  What a beautiful weekend we just had here in the midwest.
Ahh, racing on Mother's Day.  Only in America!!!

Anyway, I'm going to finally try to build a website since I've got a ton
of cool racing pictures so.............

Is there and cool website out there that'll tell me how to write all the
HTML text needed to build the website?

Oh yeah, there WILL also be a good sized Neon section to the site.

Thanks in advance.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mustang Sally,
guess you better slow your Mustang down.
"Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett