Skin Blotchiness

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Skin Blotchiness
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:27:05 -0700
I just thought I'd inform the forum of the latest of my skin maladies.

And the latest is, thanks to this new special sun block, my problems are
slowly fading away!

I had this big blotch of pigment on my forehead and down the sides of my
face. I know I'm not painting a pretty picture, but it's just the harsh
reality of too much sun exposure, kids.

Well, I got this jug of Banana Boat sunscreen at K-Mart during the San Diego
Tour. It comes in a special squirt bottle. Well, Coppertone has a similar
product that comes out in a fine mist. I was looking for that, but had to
settle with this Banana Boat goop. It comes out as this runny white mixture,
but by golly, it really works! It's much too messy to just squirt directly
from bottle to skin. I squirt some in my hand first. I apply it every
morning now, one half hour before I go for my morning swim. These morning
swims over the years are what have given me the dreaded "cap and goggle"
tan. In college, this strange reverse racoon sun marking was a symbol of
status, one of an "athlete." Now it just looks silly. People as if I'm on
some sort of hormonal medication. It's time for this to stop.

Now I know you're wondering, "Katie, what happened to CLINIQUE!"

You can all simmer down. Clinique has a fine line of products; however, you
just can't beat those bargains at K-Mart.

I suppose one might ask, "But what does this have to do with autocross?"
Well, we DO stand out in the sun all day. That's why it relates. Helmet tans
have got to be the WORST.

Forever fulfilling her duty to help solve humanity's real issues, this is
your friendly Ace Reporter, signing off.

Katie Kelly
Guilt slows your metabolism.