Re: SOLO 1 - Closed vs Open ars

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: SOLO 1 - Closed vs Open ars
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 01:49:19 -0500
Phil

The Fiero did much the same thing as the Saab you described
in 1984 when it was first introduced. Remember, this was the
alleged "first" space frame, and there is steel all around the
cockpit, with the exterior skin bonded to it.

While I have not rolled one, I have seen several pictures of a
Fiero rolled, and through my various Fiero clubs have met and
talked with rollover "victims".  In all cases, they walked away - -
one was after dropping some 15 - 20 feet off an overpass. In his
case, the windshield pillars did give way, but the roof area over
the top of the seat did not collapse at all. There is a picture of his
car on one of the Fiero websites, I will try to find it and forward it
to you.