Re:Killer tech inspectors

To: scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com, autox@autox.team.net, Patrick507@aol.com
Subject: Re:Killer tech inspectors
From: "Jeffrey Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:32:37 PDT
Scott, and all. the two tech inspectors this weekend in philly are
both friends of mine, and really nice people, one is my parts guy the
other is a certified BMW mechanic.(one of the few people I trust to
work on my own car) No offense, but I think if the metal was weak
enough to be bent by shaking the battery, then it was not safe to
hold a 20+lb battery on a 1g cornering maneuver..  I really doubt
either of them were attempting to damage your car. and If they did,
I'll buy you a new battery hold down tray..
IMHO
Jeff Lloyd
Red '96 Z3 1.9

>>I have had trouble in the philly region with inspectors that feel
they are
>>destructively testing the car.
>
>>Last week, another jerked on my battery until he bent the factory
sheet metal
>>battery box.  Then told me my battery was loose.
>
>        Geez!  Remind me not to run the Yugo in Philly!  They'd
probably fail me
>        after flipping the car on it's roof, to see whether or not
it would be
>        safe in a rollover!  "Is a Yugo *really* a closed car?"
That seems a