RE: Tom's (dead) horses

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tom's (dead) horses
From: Gemery@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:26:01 EDT
Tom Gentry writes:
>Then the trailered cars start appearing [in SP], and now you're
>talking about slicks.

<thwack, thwack>
Tom - trailering has nothing to do with classification!  We've got people
with $100k motorhomes trailering Stock vehicles only 10-15 miles to our
events in Oregon.  It's okay if they have the money to do that!  Does it
affect how competitive the car/driver is?  No!!!

I'll agree that slicks really don't belong in SP.

>As it is, it appears that my mildly modified and street driven Cobra
>have been banished to [EM], which proves to me that the rule makers
>aren't serious about a Street Prepared category anyway.

Nah, with your list of modifications, it proves that you're not serious about
competing in ESP.  Lose that subframe connector and you're legal... hey, you
could even unbolt it at the event while other people are changing tires!  Or
don't lose it and keep hitting that dead horse.

George Emery
gemery@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/gemery