RE: Car numbers was - May 1999 Cover

To: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car numbers was - May 1999 Cover
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:32:24 -0500
> ON top of that..Ive been tempted as a Timing & Scoring worker to complain
> harshly about a car in GS in "our area somewhere" that has the letters in
> some kinda thin FU-Man-Chu style writing.

Gee, I saw a red car that fit that description at our last event with the
total letter being about 8" tall and 1" wide.   A few corvettes that had the
number wrapped around the rear window quite illegibly along with a some
other unreadable variations on other cars.

Our rules (Minnesota, Met Council) do not require a one inch stroke width
but do allow the tech inspectors to fail a car that has unreadable (in the
tech inspector's opinion) numbers.

I have talked with our newsletter editor and think that there will be an
article about readable numbers and some easy way to make them in it.

I will be a pain in the ass and insist on seeing the number on cars at tech
and will require some to be fixed or fail.