Re: Limiting Tire Options?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Limiting Tire Options?
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:47:37 -0700
MBD96@aol.com wrote:

> The market will keep this issue from getting out of hand.  If you don't like
> a particular brand, don't buy it.  Tell your friends not to buy it.  That
> message will get heard.  As has been pointed out numerous times over the
> years, there is no way to write a meaningful rule to handle what you're
> asking.  You can't even do it (unless your lack of response to my request is
> 'just not ready yet').

Agree.

The 100 to 150 of the 'real hot shoes' out there - or even the one guy who
thinks we might take away his financial ability to outspend the masses  ;-)
- cannot buy enough tires to make this viable for the tire companies. Its what
the rest of us buy that will matter.

It will take a little time, as the earlier 'killer' version of the BFG
autocross tire was replaced (I forget the number of the tire series, but I had
on some runs one tire tread row melt over to another.....) so will the G-Farce
be replaced.

Funny thing is that the G-Farce is not even dominant - just pricey and has
poor wear characteristics. I know a number of folks who have already left BFG
because the tires just were not fast enough! They evidently do not work for
all vehicles.

This might not take long at all.

Scott Meyers
Kumhos due tomorrow......will run them Sunday