Re: gearing

To: "Jeffrey Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gearing
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:32:20 -0700
You don't have to be a math freak, just pick up a copy of HPBooks' "Auto
Math Handbook" for hours of fun.  Plug it into a computer spreadsheet and do
"what ifs" for combos like this (tire diameters themselves are available off
a variety of websites, I like Dunlop's and Goodyear's).

You'll pick up about 2 mph with this tire diameter increase, depending on
the exact gearing in your Beemer.

BTW, turbocars don't have to shift -- at all -- in autox.   :)

Richard Nichols
rnichol1@san.rr.com
86 Mustang SVO TII 1C: ESP/FSP/?

72 Pinto Sedan 2.0 3J - Original Owner, Restored
On display at the San Diego Automotive  Museum,
                June 99 through January 00