Fwd: Womans Global Gt

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Womans Global Gt
From: archss@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:05:43 -0500 (CDT)
------Begin forward message-------------------------

From: archss@ix.netcom.com
To: ba-autox.team.net
Date: 04/21/99 18:50:53
Subject: Womans Global Gt

Just to let everyone know how our "autocross girls" did this past weekend in
Atlanta, at the
Womans Global Gt race.  Sat. Shauna Marinus, had top qualifying time and was
put on the pole for
Sundays race.  Renee Eady qualified in 15th place and Belenda Endress had a
great run going but
as
luck would have it went off course and didn't qualify for the race. Sunday,
Shauna went off
course
on turn one and, after I opened my eyes again, I think she was in last
place,she then started
making her way back to 6th place and was called in for a stop and go on lap 20.
 With only three
laps left she worked her way back into 12th place and managed to set the lap
record for the
race.
Renee Eady worked her way up to 7th place from 15th.  Not bad for her first
ever road race.
There
were 32 girls trying to qualify for one of the 16 spots this weekend.  Lots of
talented girls
out
there.  Jeff & Sandie Glorioso