RE: Go-away Force Tires - Remeber when....

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Go-away Force Tires - Remeber when....
From: Whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 22:06:35 -0500
Just to reiterate - it was not that long ago that the hot tire was a 206 or
(later) 226 BFG soft sidewall R1 - had to shave em for FWD cars - I would
be lucky to get more than 1 pro solo on a pair of fronts 2 drivers - no
challenge runs :(  - That's 24 runs! and you had to have them to stand a
chance.

The hoosier autocrosser folks still deal with 30-40 run tire life,  we have
all been spoiled by the hard wearing kumho's and R1's.  Of course, the G-
force seems to be pretty 'hard' compounded, it's just a little thin (ie.
3/32).

Stan Whitney
DP/EP CRX  - front hoosiers last about 15 'fast' runs - then another 10
slow ones!