Re: DSP Neon - CRX weights

To: SOLOMIATA@aol.com, cblome@yahoo.com, jhadler@rmi.net, kevin@laol.net
Subject: Re: DSP Neon - CRX weights
From: whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 10:42:21 -0700
Hate to burst the bubble, but a stock CRX HF (the best starting point)
weighs 1713bs from the factory - with a 1.5 carb engine, add the Si
drivetrain, and the weight might increase slightly, but start adding
lightness (wheels, seats, batteries, harness,steering wheel, tires, ,etc)
and a 1600lb car is not that much of  a myth.

My last civic weighed 1725 in CSP trim, and that was with heavy seats, and
all the AC plumbing still in place (No the 1300 shell was not a weight saver)

The HP numbers are about right, and yes, at any speed above 20mph, you can
put down all available power.  It's a little tougher in 1st gear, but I can
normally at least do 3/4 throttle.

Stan Whitney
DP/EP 87 CRX  (weighs 1573# before ballast, and still has most on the
interior (no pass seat) and all glass)