Re: M Roadster and M Coupe in SS

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: M Roadster and M Coupe in SS
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 10:00:55 -0400
As far as the Coupe and the Roadster, due to its hardtop the Coupe will be
slightly lighter and more rigid than the Roadster, and therefore probably
handle a little better.  It's a little early to have any hard data on this
yet, but we'll see as the year goes on.  There's also the issue of whether
you can deal with the, um, "unique" appearance of the Coupe.  At first, I
didn't like it.  Now, I don't care how it looks - after driving a 2.8 Coupe
(not the M), I learned that it drives beautifully, has a much better shifter
than the rest of the new 3 series, and when you're driving the car you're so
wrapped up in its wonderful driving experience that you don't give a flying
salami how it looks.  Anybody wanna trade their Coupe for an old 320i? :)

    - Justin