Re: Solo Vee - SEB (long)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solo Vee - SEB (long)
From: garyk98@airmail.net (Garyk)
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 08:09:35 GMT
I agree with Bruce.  The creation of this committee is a good idea and
I see no problem with allowing the different heads.  All I see with
the creation of this committee is positive, with the possibility of
more Vees showing up, setup to the max the rules allow, and competing
on par with/or above the F440/F5's, thus improving the class.  But it
will take a year or so to get those other cars.  Now for the part that
will probably upset some.  (So Flame On)  With more and different SV's
competing and with new and different ideas on how to setup a SV, I
believe we will see a SV that is competitive and capable of winning
any event, not just the National Championship, which is the basis for
some, whether or not the cars are at a level of parity.  I believe the
key to this is in the suspension, not the engine at this time, and
none that I have seen compete, are there, yet.

More cars = more ideas = better results = better competition.

The SVOA says that parity is not achievable at this time and are not
proceeding on trying to get it.  Does this mean that they are giving
up on improving their cars and hope that a class will be given to them
out of pity.  I hope not, the cars are close, and as the many E-mails
last year can prove, no SV owner could or would pin-point the exact
area(s) they needed to improve, as in braking, handling,
acceleration....

The SVOA is a good start and a great idea and I hope ideas will be
shared between the members of the SVOA.

Flame Off

Gary "Fire Extinguisher Ready" Kramar
'89 F440 FM