Subject: Re: Interesting observation, GSX vs Probe

To: autox@autox.team.net
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:16:52 -0500
CSPGSR@aol.com wrote:

> I have yet to see a stock eclipse turbo run anything faster then a 15.4
> in my twelve or so trips to the drag strip.

Oh, come on. My 97 TSi did 14.9 right off the showroom floor. A K&N stock
replacement filter (not the cone) 110 octane race gas, and a cold night did
14.5.

I'd routinely run a 15.00 dial in (gotta leave a little sand...) on a GS-legal
car.

John's right about the top end though. My trap speeds were in the 90-92 MPH
range. That little turbo is a big honkin' cork up top. That, and 3300lbs of car,
hurt the AWD cars in top-end roll-on races.

DG