Re[2]: SP rules on catalytic converters (Very Long, but info

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re[2]: SP rules on catalytic converters (Very Long, but info
From: scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 99 15:31:46 -0500
 "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>wrote:

:I was certain this was true, but I didn't have sufficient
:specifics to make that assertion. Thanks again. Are you guys
:listenin' oth there?

Sounds great, but I think the point was, that people all over
the country are capable of passing *THEIR* respective emmisions
tests without the aid of a catalytic converter.  I've seen it,
and so have a lot of other people. I don't think ANYONE was
disputing the fact that a catalyst eqipped car would run
cleaner, everything else being equal.   I think (correct me if
I'm wrong here folks) that we were trying to convey the point
that a well tuned engine is capable of meeting local smog
regulations without the aid of a converter.  Yes, Converters
are required, and Yes, it's illegal to run on the street
without one if it was originally equipped with one.  I think
catalytic converters are a good thing, that's why there is one
on my EP car, as I like to drive it to work on occasion. (it
came with one) My 78 Fiat never had one, would I put on one to
be green?  No way.

Scott Phelps