oops--Alphabet soup

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: oops--Alphabet soup
From: "Mari L. Clements" <mlc4@psu.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:31:44 -0500
It's been pointed out that I didn't identify all my idiosyncratic initials
by the times (remember, I originally wrote this for local consumption only),
so here they are:

    FTD=Fast Time of Day (a/k/a Top Time of Day in other places)
    FST=Fastest Sam Time (a/k/a fastest time for Sam Strano)
    FFSTD=Fastest F Stock Time of Day
    FCT=Fastest Chris (Bomboy) Time
    FHSTD=Fastest H Stock Time of Day
    FKT=Fastest Karl (Bender) Time
    FESTD=Fastest E Stock Time of Day
    FETD=Fastest Eric (Clements) Time of Day
    FCSTD=Fastest C Stock Time of Day

    I'm also supposed to point out that the lot was too small (we're working
hard to get back onto the newly enlarged stadium lot), it was rainy, the
construction on the test track messed up the course design, the MR2 and
Honda Civic had no alignment changes then, the MR2 has its alloys/rear
shocks/stiffer swaybar/crash bolts/new OEM clutch/etc. now, AND that none of
these guys knew the whole world would know how they ran when they agreed to
do it (but they were all really nice about agreeing to let me put it on the
web).

    So, thanks, guys--you are all terrific for agreeing to try this crazy
setup and even more wonderful for allowing the results to be shared.

mlc