RE: New car classifications

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New car classifications
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:42:31 -0600
>>the 99+ Cobra Mustang in FS and ESP on a separate line.  No IRS
>update/backdate.  <<

While I understand what being on a seperate line means to me, no
update/backdate, I really don't understand the rationale.  My car's chassis is
virtually identical to a 99, they're both in FS and ESP, the IRS is supposed to
be a bolt on, etc.  It seems instead of keeping costs down SCCA is trying to
force more new car purchases.

Mustangs aside, it just seems that updates/backdates should be allowed within a
class, especially when they are bolt ons.

If the IRS proves to be worthless that means the 99 Cobra's won't have the
ability to put in the live axle either.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!
'96 Ford SVT Cobra, Mystic #1345/2000 (mostly stock)
'72 Triumph TR-6 OD (mostly modified)
'59 Triumph Model 10 Sedan (mostly in boxes)