Re: [rrax-mustang] Burnable Ballast???

To: <rrax-mustang@egroups.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [rrax-mustang] Burnable Ballast???
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:55:48 -0800
Here's my humble experience, autocrossing a stock 86 SVO:

This particular version of the Mustang Fox body is so much lighter in the
front than the V8s, plus having so much more braking power (11" discs all
around) than most Foxes, plus a kind of "peaky" horsepower, that I've had
the best luck this way:

stock bars front and rear
poly bushings, etc., at front
stiffest Koni settings front and rear
1/8 tank of fuel
40 psi rear, 36 psi front.

I've had the tank so low that I couldn't get through a dozen practice runs
without "borrowing" (actually "buying" is the word) another gallon or two of
fuel.  No fuel pickup problems at that time, and the SVO uses the same tank
and fuel pump as other Mustangs of the era.

Just my 2 cents.

Richard Nichols
rnichol1@san.rr.com
San Diego, CA