Re: Has anybody asked Speedvision or any other station to televise autoc

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Has anybody asked Speedvision or any other station to televise autocrossi...
From: PZahornask@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:41:24 EST
In a message dated 3/9/99 7:28:52 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
r.a.f.t.@fuse.net writes:

> Hello again team.netters!This is Adam Popp. I was wandering if anybody
>  ever emailed or asked Speedvision or ESPN to televise autocrossing on
>  their station. Because I was thinking about doing that!

snipped the rest.

Did you read the repost that Matt Murray sent of Rich Fletcher's post on how
TV production works?

In case you didn't, or didn't read that far here is a quick rundown.

First you persuade a sponsor to pony up at least a 100 grand, promising them
that you will get them national exposure.

Second, you BUY the 1/2 hour on whatever network agrees to put your show on.
You will get probably get the 2:30 to 3:00 AM slot (my opinion)

Third, you hire a production company for about 60 large to do a good, not
great job.

Still think that it can be done?

Paul Zahornasky

Still recovering from the temporary jump from an HS Integra to an SS RX-7 in
FT. Myers.  (Thanks again Eric and Beth for the use of the tires.)