Re: Course designs

To: <Mtnman3620@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Course designs
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 19:56:00 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Mtnman3620@aol.com <Mtnman3620@aol.com>

>I really liked the designs in total but I believed that there were just too
>many "sucker" cones that they almost made you try and hit.  This is
expected
>at regional events, but at a National Tour?

*Why* is this expected at regional events?  I'll admit, this is a pet
peeve -- an autocross isn't a navigation or memory exercise.  Odd lines and
obstacles are part of the challenge, but their locations should be obvious
from the driver's seat well in advance, not jumping out at the last minute.

OK -- the tranq's kicked in....  I've just seen too many local courses where
nearly all the newbies (and a several experienced people) were caught by
B.S. tricks with cones.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing