re: Pro Solo locations

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Pro Solo locations
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 19:35:12 EST
Somebody wrote:
> (Why weren't any Pro Solos scheduled for those of us in the
>  middle of the country?  Looks like just an event for people
>  on the coasts).

Let's see, from the heart of Dixie:

Ft Myers - 600 miles
Peru, IN - 650 miles
Petersburg, VA - 665 miles
Harrisburg, PA - 885 miles
Topeka, KS - 900 miles

I guess if you live within the triangle of Peru, Petersburg, and Harrisburg
you'd be in fat city.  Don't forget, Denver couldn't secure a site in time for
this years schedule.

First, a region in your area has to have the desire, suitable site, and
schedule date to host a Pro event.  Then the location has to be able to draw
enough competitors to financially justify itself; a big to-do with regard to
the current status of the program.

Anyways, how do you think the people on the *coasts* feel about having to
spend two days driving each way to the Pro Finale and Nationals held in your
backyard every year.

...and you thought being a *Pro* driver was only in regard to the actual
events :-)

M Sipe