RE: Decal Placement

To: Jim Pernice <pernice@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu>
Subject: RE: Decal Placement
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 20:06:05 -0500 (EST)
FWIW, the GCR shows drawings of where to place the stickers. On a bodied car,
it is shown on the door right next to the number.

OK, OK, GCR does not govern Solo II, I know. Just that it is a reasonable
guide in this application.

Actually, anywhere on the side is cool. Where does it "fit" best in your
graphic treatment of the car? Too close to the number can be confusing.
Next to class letters can be good. On the fender just in front (or under)
the A-pillar can be good.

Since I also roadrace mine, I get hit with a double sticker whammy. Solo II
wants it stickers showing, Club Racing wants its stickers showing, two on
a side, and they like having one that can be seen from nose-on also. So I
have Solo on one side, ClubRace on the other, just under the door directly
below the number, then I have two on the air dam on opposite sides from those
under the doors. Thus, viewed from the side, you can see one of each. Viewed
from the front, each has one showing.

Basic guide: when someone shoots a photo of your car,  SCCA wants its stickers
showing from virtually any direction other than square up the tailpipe. Try
to locate it so that, from most angles, some piece of bodywork is not hiding
it.

--Rocky