Re: Meridian Results

To: <Streldoc@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Meridian Results
From: "Joe Goeke" <joe_goeke@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 18:02:13 -0800
My oh my, they did a great job putting on the NT in Meridian.  I'm not sure
how John Thomas was still standing Sunday night after it was all over, cause
this guy took care of any and every problem and request as they came up,
each with an enthusiastic "I can!".  Steve the Pevey man, was also amazing
and a joy to hang out with.  I think everyone at the party went away with
cool treads from Pevey, and some with an entire wardrobe.  Steve even gave
out two brand new Pevey electric guitars to the two who had driven the
farthest to attend.  There was a third person in the mighty team, a gal who
organized the party amongst other things who amazed Howard so much that he
granted her an SCCA membership for her work on the NT.

Neat extra's everywhere.  One being everyone got a HotWheels car in there
registration pack and there was a side by side drag/pro type course setup at
the party to run the cars on, and it was fun to watch grown men like Tom
Kotzian act like a little kid with his new toy ;-).  They had a race and Tom
and others were frantically making modification (adding coins) to help them
win.

I had a real good day on Sunday as I started to figure out Daniel Ledford's
Eclipse.  Daniel gave me great tips on how to drive the car and I needed
them to win over Thomas.  Saturday was rain on and off, and our class had
only the first run be mostly dry, with a monsoon for the next two runs.
John put down a smoking first run, and had a 1.1 lead over Alan with me
another 0.1 back.  McGiver dug himself a hole and wasn't able to climb out
of it.  It came down to the third runs on Sunday, and I ended up with a 0.8
lead over John for the win.  I did snag top PAX and they even had great
prizes for the top three PAX places!  My prize was an awesome large
Craftsman tool drawer box, which is really hard to get home when your
traveling by plane :-).

One final note, watch out GS, there a new hot shoe in this class, and his
name is Daniel "Leadfoot" Ledford.  If he hadn't tipped a cone on his first
Saturday run, and one on his last Sunday run, he would have been the champ!
Even with the cones, he snagged the 4th and last trophy in the 11 car field.
One additional note:  He's taken McKamey Phase 1 twice.  I think it's
working for him :-).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to going back next year, especially if they have
a McKamey School before the event again.

---JCG
Team Butt Heat
GS Audi A4 Quattro