Re: Meridian TLS

To: <Hottvr@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Meridian TLS
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 20:00:40 -0600
>Anybody know what happened today at Meridian? Wish I could have been there
>with
>the "Team". If anyone online was there I would like to know the details.

I just got back and don't have a great amount of details...but here's
what I know.

AS:  Smith (93 MR2T); Thompson (91 MR2T); Sipe (Z3C); Sharp (I think)(M3)
CS:  Don't know any of the names, but an 89 (!!!) Mr2 is in the lead, with
one 944
        and about 4 MKII Mr2s
DS:  Leverone, Chiles
ASP:  Kent (911); (MR2SC); (RX7TT)
STR:  Kent (Civic); Galligan (Z24)
ST:  (Civic); (Civic); (Yugo)
SSL:  Kotzian (MRoadster); McClure (RX7TT)

I know it isn't much...I was there primarily to watch John Galligan run as
he's
a local guy at his first National Tour.  AS was a great battle, and ASP
found
two of the entrants going for the John Deere Award.  First off course was an
RX-7TT that spun in the first straight and almost hit the airport arresting
wire
gear, second went to Lee Kent in his 911.  One minute he's hauling butt, the
next
he's going off course backwards and sideways.  Co Driver for the RX-7TT also
did a beautiful 180 at the finish and punted the lights about 5 feet with
his rear wheel.

Hard luck award has for today has to go to TLS member Karl Rickert who saw
Alfie die on course with a clogged fuel tank pickup.  He got one complete
run
in with a sputtering engine before it gave up completely.  We pulled the
tank
and it's pretty much shot, so he was loading Alfie on the trailer to come
home
as I left.

It was a nice course.  Times are in the 50-60 second range, and the damp
weather
only served to make it more challenging and more fun for the spectators.

David 'spectator today' Hawkins
85 MR2 CSP/ITA  37
TLS 15