Delorean - Good or Bad?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Delorean - Good or Bad?
From: Mark Noeltner <mnoeltne@ezl.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 16:26:41 -0600
I ran across a Delorean here in town and having only read little bits and
pieces about them, I'm on a fact gathering mission to find out all I can
about them.

First, as a car, autocrossing not factored in. Are they any good? They look
neat with the gull-wing doors and the stainless steel body, but how do they
run and handle? Any major "gotcha's" other than the obvious one of getting
parts for a limited production car from almost 20 years ago?

2nd, they're in BSP. Any chance of being at least marginally competitive?
Or is this one of those that was classed where it is because nobody knew
what it could do and feared the worst? Competive or not, would it be fun to
drive in an autocross?

Thanks! I really want to hear about anything anyone may know on these!

Mark Noeltner
'95 Probe GT G-Stock
135,000 miles and still autocrossing!!