Newbie: SOLO I/SOLO II, RX-7 and CS, Tire life

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie: SOLO I/SOLO II, RX-7 and CS, Tire life
From: Carl and Michelle Rhames <ares-1@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 11:22:36 -0500
    Hi group!  If I ask some info that is easily obtained elsewhere,
please point me in the right direction, and sorry about that!  On to the
questions.  What is the difference between SOLO I and II?  Am I correct
in guessing from the web site that I would be going to SOLO II?  So clue
less on this stuff.

    WRT the RX-7.  I am looking for a decent 2nd gen (89-91 probably)
RX-7 right now.  I was curious as to how it does in it's class, CS from
what I gathered.  I would love to hear from owners about reliability
issues (yes I said reliability in a racing list :-) ).  Love the car but
most of the ones I have looked at have been beaten/raped.  Any good
rotary mechs in the VA/D.C. area?  Thanks!

    Tire life... How many runs on street tires with a rating of say
180.  I am just looking for a general number here.  Trying to figure out
if I can afford to go to racing school in the near future (if I don't
get deployed).  How about the racing tires?

    Once again thank you all for your help.  I can't wait to get out
there.  I am off to look for the car... AGAIN.  I probably won't get one
for a couple of months at this rate.  i may have to have a go at it in
the Protégé.  My 2 year old would love it.  :-)

Carl Rhames

97 Protégé,  hopeful 2nd Gen REX