Re: Autox Chat room

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Autox Chat room
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:45:21 -0600
From: Smokerbros@aol.com <Smokerbros@aol.com>

>In a message dated 99-02-22 00:34:42 EST, pethier@isd.net writes:
>
><<  Obviously I'm not telling you not to make a chat room somewhere.  I
just
> don't understand why anyone needs one.  >>
>
>Because it's like being able to stand around bench racing, responding to
one
>another immediately, instead of writing something and waiting for a
response.

If you have time to sit at your computer all the time, the real-time autox
list does pretty much the same thing, and the digest folks don't miss any of
it.

This is apparently a religious discussion.  I've seen chat, and I just am
not impressed.  Others don't agree.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/