Re: sp fuel rules

To: HPKY59A@prodigy.com ( BENNY DEMENT)
Subject: Re: sp fuel rules
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 12:25:50 -0500
At 8:32 PM -0500 2/19/1999,  BENNY   DEMENT wrote:
>the size of fuel lines I remember a comment from Don Gartlits of Drag
>racing fame.  One of his chief secrets in the success of the "Swamp
>Rat" series of dragsters was running  1(one) inch diameter fuel
>lines!!!!

There was an article in Car and Driver many years back about Top Fuel
dragsters.  One fact that stuck in my mind was that these cars would burn
30 gallons of fuel durnig the 5 second run.  Yeah, 6 gallons/sec.

Now go to your kitchen and get a  5 gallon pail.  Fill it.  Now try and
empty it in a second.

I think you can see why they need 1" diameter fuel lines.

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki
Listen.  Do.  MacSpeech.