Honda Brake Pads

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Honda Brake Pads
From: Bob Mosso <mosso@pcmagic.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:43:12 -0800
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but my stock '92 Civic Si is in need of
a rear brake job.  I want to fix the inherent brake bias problem with
this car by using pads on the rear that have a higher coefficient of
friction than the front pads. I'm using Honda factory pads on the front.
A little bit of brake dust and a stop or two to warm the pads is ok, a
lot of black dust and road race type heat is not ok.

I'd like to create a list of pad manufactures verses coefficient of
friction, if the info is available. Does anyone know the approximate
coefficient of friction for the factory pads?

Bob Mosso (digest mode)