Re: G Force "R" Compound Research

To: "Scott & Glenda Meyers" <autox@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: G Force "R" Compound Research
From: "Joe Thompson" <vol_96@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:45:51 -0600
Funny you should ask.  I just had 225x50x15 mounted on my 6x15 rims last
Saturday.  I drove from Troy MI to South Bend to pick them up in person and
be there when they were mounted.  I was surprised when the mechanic
complained that the tires were too big for my rims.....especially when he
had just dis-mounted 225x50  R1's.  He actually called upon John Rastettler
who officially is the TireRack Director of Tire Information.  I didnt know
John....he seems to be a nice guy.  We chatted briefly about my situation.
After I explained that I had run this size all last year on my 6x15 rims he
figured they were OK and gave the mechanic the go ahead.
The GForce measurements, to the naked eye, are the same as the old R1's
except that the gForce seem to be about 1/2 inch taller.  I'm very much
hoping this doesnt hurt performance....I hate to pay $762 (includes heat
cycle treatment, stems, mount, balance) to go slower.

Hope this helps.

King Thompson
72 911e
Pro Solo Car #72 class P4 and soon off to Meridian Tour and Ft Myers Pro