Re: Are any of these mods legal in stock?

To: Jim Lange <JLANGE@us.oracle.com>
Subject: Re: Are any of these mods legal in stock?
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:28:28 -0600
Jim Lange wrote:

> Would any of the following changes to my BMW M3 coupe be legal in stock?

Nope....

> 1. Underbody X-brace            (stock part for M3 convertible)

That'll put you in Street Prepared.

> 2. Short shifter                (stock Z3 shifter)

Street Prepared again.

> 3. Two-piece rotors             (stock on European M3)

Ooops, that'll bounce you to Mod.

> 4. Revised cool air ducting for brakes

If you're careful what you do here, you can do this in Street Prepared.

Or, I think you can do all those in the Street Touring category;
unfortunately, your car's engine is about half a liter too large
for that category (which is limited to 3.1L).

Brian
98 M3/4 CSP