Re: Clutch slipping (MR2 T)

To: SSUCSY@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch slipping (MR2 T)
From: "Nathan Dyck" <nathan@mitsi.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:18:13 -0600
My 91 Turbo w/ 104K miles is in the shop for a new clutch and pressure
plate.  The old pressure plate is worn out and the disk is almost worn out.

>From what I've been told the pressure plate is the first to go on these cars.

Over the next few months the slipping will get worse.  I changed my clutch
about 2 months after if first started slipping, but I drove slowly and
didn't do any autocross.

Nathan Dyck
MKII MR2 Autocross FAQ
(http://web.mitsi.com/autocross)