Re: Honda S2000 (not the same old thread)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Honda S2000 (not the same old thread)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 00:49:44 EST
From: Chuck Hanson <hanson@swcp.com>

>Has anyone on this list plunked down some hard cash for a deposit on an
>S2000 Honda?  If so, your secret is safe with me.  I'm just interested in
>hearing the terms that your dealers might be demanding.  Please email me
>privately.
>
>My local Honda guy wants $1,000 (non-refundable, but transferable) with no
>guarantee how much (or little) they will mark it up come August or October
>or whenever they come in.
>
>How does that compare?

As someone who works in the "back end" of a dealership, and has for many
years, this sounds like they are asking for a license to steal.  I'm guessing
they will be marking S2000s up $5000.  If you don't want to pay that, don't
want some other Honda product, and don't want to lose $1000, I'd say look for
another dealer.  Possibly one in a smaller town where they sell the Hell out
of Passports and CRVs.

Have I ever steered you wrong on buying a new car, Chuck?

CHuck