Re: SL class (was "typecasting")

To: richard nichols <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: SL class (was "typecasting")
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 17:27:34 -0800
richard nichols wrote:
> Personally I'd enjoy participating in a category of autocrossing that could
> be called SL -- "street legal".  The two rules I'd impose would be one
> similar to the ST rule about street tires, including some kind of minimum
> treadwear rating; and one that all mods be street legal mods on street
> registered cars.  Then let the *course design* govern.

In the San Francisco Region, we already have such a class, called "OSP"
(stands for "Open Street Prepared".  It has only two rules -- street
tires (DOT legal), and current registration.  It's a very popular class.

Most regions and clubs offer similar classes, often with different names
"Street Mod" is a common one.  Check with your local club.

Josh