Re: BFG ?s

Subject: Re: BFG ?s
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:15:10 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Eric Linnhoff wrote:
> If you do put street tires on the back of a FWD car you'll end up getting a
> little bit o heat into the rear street tires since the car will want to
> slide out constantly.  Could be fun though.   ;^)

Actually its really easy and controllable.  I think its a lot more scary
on transitions, but steady state circles were totally fine.

> Yet another reason to run harder compound tires such as my Toyo RA1s.  I
> don't hink that they'll ever really wear out.  They'll just turn to stone
> after a few years.

Uh, "wasted" meant "Don't stick nearly as good as new and are thus junk."
Not "See cord".  I'll take over 25% life left R1's over Toyo's (from what
I've heard about the Toyo's) any day of the week, particularly on sunday
:-)

Mark