Frequent C/C Plate Alignment Changes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Frequent C/C Plate Alignment Changes
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:36:30 -0800
Is it feasible to change your camber/caster plate settings for an
autocross day, and then back to street settings after the race (until the
next race), and do this 10-20 times during the year? Will this harm
anything (and if it does, what is the guestimate expected reduced
lifetime of the related wear items by doing this). I know one cost I'll
have doing this is buying a camber/caster gauge, but at least that's a
known (relatively) low cost.

My ESP autocross car is also my daily driver, and the settings I need
for my autocross tires (Hoosier DOT Radials) are a lot different than
what I'd have for my street tires (BFG Comp TA).