Re: Street Touring rules clarification

To: autoxser@mindspring.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Touring rules clarification
From: Rjgrainger@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 00:02:13 EST
In a message dated 99-02-01 21:33:02 EST, autoxser@mindspring.com writes:

<<
 So, I picked up a '99 Rulebook today and noticed that in Appendix K for
 Street Touring classes, it is noted that factory viscous coupler type
 limited slips are now legal for ST.  I assumed that this was enacted to
 allow Sentra SE-Rs and Nissan NX2000s into the fray...but, lo and behold,
 under Part IV, which specifies sample vehicles, there is a line that reads
 (Nissan: Altima, Sentra (EXCLUDES SE-R, NX2000).  Phil Esra and I were
 chatting about this and I think we both feel that this must have been some
 oversight on the part of the people revising the handbook...does anyone
 else have a feel for this?

I would think that it was a oversight.  The Sentra SE-R and Nissans are legal
for the class.  The info about the cover of rule book is also wrong.  "Shauna
Marinus 1998 Class winning ASP EX-7 caught by Jack Puryear Photography
Rack Solo II National Championship in Topeka, KS"

Check,  no E Stock listed.  There are now two C stock classes, page 144 and
145

Call Howard to check on the rule.

Matthew Grainger
#23 ST