Re: Re: Nationals

To: CM List <autox-cm@autox.team.net>, Gary Godula
Subject: Re: Re: Nationals
From: <jim_garry@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 07:54:26 -0500 (CDT)
Gary wrote:
>  Anyone have any suggestions on
> how to bring them back?

The only successful model for recruitment out there is the one for CP.  But
we're not the kind of guys who get so drunk we fall across the stage when
picking up our trophies (really happened!), or stick our bare asses out the
window of a bus while negotiating the course.

Can anyone else come up with a different model?

I try to talk the class up as much as possible.  I point out the joys of
running a real formula car and the relative ease of working on these cars.  But
even if it's cheaper than going out and plunking 5 years worth of payments down
at a dealership, it's not as neat and tidy a deal.

What else can we do?

Also, there are many on this list who enjoy their FF's but on a regional-only
basis.  How can we get you guys to come out to Nationals?  Can you be persuaded?

Jim