Devens Tour

To: CM List <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Devens Tour
From: Jim Garry <jim_garry@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:32:59 -0500
Hey guys,

For the past four or five years at the Devens Tour, CM has had the same
5 entrants.   Is there any chance a few of you will consider driving out
that way this year?   It's an excellent site allowing for good course
design.  The surface is airfield grade asphalt so it's probably provides
more grip than Topeka (but I missed the Nationals in '06 and so can't
compare) but at least it's not as grippy as Forbes Field style
concrete.  And through connection of taxiways and runways, the course
designs to NOT employ two way traffic, thus allowing for more
interesting courses than the traditional runway style set ups.

It would be great to have a bigger class with different drivers than the
past half decade.  Please think about it.  I can provide you with
directions and lodging tips.

Best regards,
Jim

P.S.  There's also a Pro Solo at Seneca Army Depot which is about 20
minutes south of the NYS Thruway near Seneca Falls (the village used as
a template for the fictional Bedford Falls from "It's a Wonderful
Life").   It's another nice air field site that allows for more than
just slaloming down and back.