Re: considering an FF

To: "AutoX-CModified" <autox-cm@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: considering an FF
From: <gduncan2@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:01:06 -0700
With my left foot on the clutch pedal my toes were pointed back at me and my
heel was against the brake bias adjuster cable. The pedals and masters would
have to be moved forward probably 4" for my feet to rest at more normal angles
and let my knees drop away from the bar under the dash and stop the steering
wheel from hitting my legs. At the seat back, Steve and I figured I'd have to
remove the fuel tank and install about a 3 gallon tank to allow me to recline
far enough to maybe clear my shoulders. But still figured that the upper
horizontal bars around the cockpit opening that are too narrow for my
shoulders would need to be cut out and widened. Not a nice thing to do to a
very nice car, that would probably hurt it's resale value later. It was a
tight squeeze to get in this car, the real fun came when I started trying to
get back out.....  my wife was laughing that they were going to have to use
the engine hoist to get me back out!

 ;-)

Greg Duncan