Re: Had Fun in CM

To: "Mark Sirota" <mark@sirota.org>, <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Had Fun in CM
From: "gvav27" <gvav27@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:40:53 -0400
My car is indeed for sale.  $15K with 14x7 enclosed trailer.  $13K without.  It
is a 1984 Van Diemen with considerable suspension updates that correct the
design flaws in the original car.  I have three set of wheels with 2 sets of R25
Hooser slicks (one with only Nationals runs on them) and the other about 2/3rds
used up and one set of Hooser rain tires used only once and properly stored.  I
have many spares and a few special tools that will go with the car.  The engine
has just over one season on a professional rebuild.  This car has been very well
maintained and all work has been professionally done.  The floorpan was replaced
two years ago with the appropriate grade and thickness of aluminum and used very
high quality rivets for assembly.  The bodywork was redone this year including
widening the fiberglass in the cockpit area to provide more elbow room.  This
car is ready to go and really needs nothing.  Give me a call at 860-653-5483 if
interested.

By the way the trailer is a dual axle Pace with workbench, winch, interior tire
rack for 4 tires, and hooks to hang up to 4 bicycles.  It is in pretty good
shape with minor damage (easily repaired) from contact with the ladder on my
motorhome.

With respect to Marks comments below we did indeed have some serious handling
issues earlier in the season.  I tried going up on spring rate and found it was
a bad idea for this car.  I ended up going back to the spring rates I ran last
season but since I had rebuilt the shocks I had some issues getting back to my
original setup.  As Mark noted the car is now handling very well and responds
well to simple things like sway bar changes.  I prefer my car to rotate somewhat
under throttle so Mark may be correct that less rear bar would be better for his
style.  I'm confident that the rear shock setting is not the problem as I had
some opportunities to dial this in over the season.  In any case thanks for the
plug Mark.

Greg Vincent
CM 27