Re: I have gas..........

To: CMod61@aol.com
Subject: Re: I have gas..........
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:33:57 -0400
--On 9/25/2001 8:53 PM -0400 CMod61@aol.com wrote:
> Having shrunken enough to rattle around inside my car and not have to be
> greased for entry/egress, I need to replace an old big fuel tank.
> Before I go and make one too small, can someone give me an idea how much
> fuel  I typically need to plan on using?
> How much would fuel does a car need for a typical 4-run event with 2
> drivers?

Bob and I use almost exactly a gallon a day for a two-driver car.  Seems
to be true both for local events and for Nationals, even though we get more
runs at local events.  I think there's just a lot more driving around at
the big events, even if less time is spent on course.

Our cell needs about half a gallon to avoid starvation, so we like to start
the day with about two gallons in the tank, which leaves plenty of room
for reruns or fun runs or whatever.  If I were going to build an
autocross-only car, I'd probably use a three gallon cell.  But don't
forget about resale value...

Mark

///
///  autox-cm@autox.team.net mailing list