Re: Proposed Rules Change

To: "William H. Engle, Sr." <whesr@iglou.com>
Subject: Re: Proposed Rules Change
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 17:38:31 -0400
"William H. Engle, Sr." wrote:
> Why is it that changes with a purpose are always opposed by people who
> do not understand, have no knowledge of, or are not affected by the
> change or the reason for its purpose.

I hope you don't mean that as an insult.

> Of all the classes with racing transmissions CM would seem to be the
> only class that would be unaffected.

So why include CM in the proposal?

> Removing a 3 oz idler eliminates this risk.  Anyone that thinks 3 oz
> is of performance significance in Solo is..........

Anyone who thinks that all that will result is a 3 oz weight reduction
is sticking their head in the sand.  Strong competitors look for
loopholes.  Wise rule-writers don't offer them any.

> Why oppose a rule change that is of benefit to people in another
> class, when it docent even effect your class?

Because it *could* affect our class.  I don't mind making this allowance
for other classes.  I just don't want this allowance to affect CM.
What's so wrong with that?

Mark

///
///  autox-cm@autox.team.net mailing list