[Alpines] Parrish/Smoothline hardtop weather seals

To: alpines <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Alpines] Parrish/Smoothline hardtop weather seals
From: Barry Hayes <bhayes@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 08:12:50 -0700
A couple years back I bought a used Parrish hardtop, and it's been a
joy. I'm thinking of having it pained as a present, and so it'll match
my 67 V better. It's just a daily driver, and it'll be kind of odd for
the hardtop to be the nicest part ..
The aint shop is worried that they'll tear the rubber taking it off,
and it won't be in shape to put back.
It looks from their web site like smoothline wants a bunch for the
weather seals. $60 each side windows, $70 for the rear deck, and $60
for the rear window. That seems excessive. Anyone have experience
trying to save rubber? Any manufacturers who have a catalog of rubber
by profile or anything? Any other hints for the too-cheap, including
"suck it up, bro"?

Maybe I just have to decide I'm worth it ...

--
bhayes yat cs dot stanford dot edu is what you should put in your
contact files -- it'll forward to me no matter where I move