Re: [Alpines] electric fuel pump

To: "Bill Mounce" <bmounce@rcn.com>, "'Alpine Discussion List'"
Subject: Re: [Alpines] electric fuel pump
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 16:40:59 -0400
At 04:00 PM 5/10/2008, Bill Mounce wrote:
 >Hello all
 >

 >I am considering changing to an electric fuel pump on my SV.  Ideally I
 >would like to locate it where the mechanical pump currently is, blanking
off
 >the existing hole to insure it is oil tight, and using that blanking plate
 >to mount the new pump.  A friend noted most electric fuel pumps like to be
 >back closer to the fuel tanks.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Any
 >thoughts?  I run the single Weber conversion rather than the two Stroms.

With respect, I'd go back to the Stromberg
CD-150's:  they are a most elegant piece of work and bullet-proof.

I mounted an electric fuel pump on the outside of
the battery box on my Series V.  I had to clean
the screen in it every year or so as my gas tanks
were flaking paint.  If I'd have kept the car,
I'd have pulled the tanks and cleaned and repainted them.

Mrc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!