Re: Got yoke?

To: "Alpine Discussion List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Got yoke?
From: "Barry Hayes" <bhayes@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:11:50 -0700
Hey, thanks to everyone! I got a whole new shaft that seems to be in
good shape, and I'll be replacing the U-joints, seal, and bushing, and
should be making a danger to myself and everything else on the road in
a week or two, or as much of a danger as 60 MPH can present.

Still somewhat mystified as to the wear on the shaft -- it's all on
one side, as if it were badly out of balance or had a bad U-joint ..
Perhaps this damage is old and the cause is long gone ..