Le Mans Classic Report

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Le Mans Classic Report
From: JACranwell@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:52:24 EDT
Just returned from the Le Mans Classic event. so thought I'd report in.

I got to see both Proctor/Harper cars in action, the '61 Harrington, 3000RW
and the '62 car 9201RW.

I have photos of the '61 car in action on the track, if anyone is interested.

I'm not sure how they fared in the running, except that 9201RW failed to get
of the grid for the first leg (of 3), due to overheating, and a suspected
condensor burn-out. The French aren't too hot at posting results in short
order,
and we had to head back to England, before we got the details.

I can report that a 1-2 finish for Talbot cars in the 1923-1939 series.

For those interested in Tigers, the '64 Lister gave a good showing against
the GT40s, until it lost wheel in the Dunlop curve gravel trap in the final leg.

In general, this is an incredible event, and well worth the journey, even
from the USA. Next chance is 2008, as it is every other year.

The sight of 60 some pre 1940 cars lined up opposite the drivers for a
classic Le Mans style running start is just awesome.

My SIII Alpine ran fine, just about flat out through France, and had no
trouble keeping ahead of the rest of my posse, driving: 1 TR4A, 1TR6, 1 Triumph
Vitesse, and 1 E-Type. I had to keep slowing up to let them catch up.

Regards,

Julian.