Getting ready For Bonneville

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Getting ready For Bonneville
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:22:13 -0700
Well, another year has come and it is time for the pilgrimage to the
salt flats. My entry is in, hotel reservations are made, trailer loading
is in progress. It is taking longer to load out because one of my fellow
Pahrumpians who I expected to go, is not going this August. So I have to
add things tom y trailer that he would have carried. But I have it
mostly in hand. Just one final car item to make up and that is a power
port for the inboard laptop. I really do not expect much this August
since it will be both the car and my first time actually running on the
salt. So I have to complete three lisc runs to show that both the car
and I are good to go. If the record is still open (and I don't expect it
to be) then I could set a new record every time I go out during the lisc
process!. I hope to get my 200mph drivers card. And I expect to have to
do a lot of tuning. The dyno was to assure that nothing was going to
explode in my face and that was proved (along with making some good
power!). But there is more power to be had ...however the density
altitude is likely to be in the 7000 ft range so not much air is available.

I will be staying initially at the Rainbow in Wendover for the first
three nights then it is a crap shoot...that's as far ahead as I could
get reservations. I may need to drive to Salt Lake to get a room after
that. Bummer. I will be leaving Pahrump at o'dark thirty on the 10 of
August. I will have email capability and will send any really
interesting news to the groups.

mayf, nearly locked and loaded, in Pahrump